As many of you know I recently decided to move to Alice Springs in central Australia. I’ll be starting a new job next week, but for the moment I’m still enjoying free time. To get to Alice is a fair trek and over the past week Clare and I drove more than 3,600km and used something like 380 litres of fuel.
The route is pretty varied with some long 600+ days at the wheel, but we found plenty to entertain ourselves and some beautiful campsites. The highlights have included:
– star gazing at the cosmos centre in Charleville
– climbing the windmill and the weir in Longreach
– visiting Larks Quarry and the dinosaur causeway south of Winton, then going out with Jen to rediscover a rare plan and camp under the stars in a random clay pan.
– searching for a camp out of Mt Isa only to find it full of cows.
– camping at Camooweal Caves
– sunset and sunrise at the Devil’s Marbles.
Categories: Northern Territory, Queensland
Tags: camping, car trips, outdoors, photography, Western Queensland
Leave a Reply